Sunday 20 July 2008

Scrabble

I get better and better at this game, every day! Although... I'm pretty sure there's about three people from J-Skool that I know I'll never be able to beat. They can create their own dictionary with the words they make up! ;)

I know I've written about words before -- Words about words!

But lately, I've been on a reading binge. More so than normal. I've been escaping the hours beyond work and the gym to spend a good portion of my evenings and weekends, lost in stories that transport me away from my reality. There's something to be said about a good book. This summer, there have been about four books that have put me in hiding from society.

Well, not really... I mean, I read in public. But what can be said about me, right now, when I'd rather spend time getting to know characters in books (fiction and non fiction) than the people at my local pub?

I mean, don't get me wrong... I love going out with my friends (most of whom I miss terribly... YOU KNOW who you are.. ahem!) but lately, it's just been the same ol' of the same ol'.

I told a friend the other day, that I was feeling restless. As in -- I felt this way in gr 11, third year university... and now. It's a pattern. The closer I get to where I feel I need to be .... the more antsy I get.

I don't know... it could be a bad habit... anticipating the future. I'm more of a 'live in the present and try to make the best of it' kind of person... but lately, I can't help but wonder what's in store beyond December.

Like a game of scrabble.... I feel as though I've made all the words that I've been able to make. Now, it's down to the last few consonants in the game ... it's difficult... but with the right vowel, it's do-able (messed up analogy, i know .... but it makes sense to me). I guess I need to find that right vowel to anchor myself on, so that I can continue building.

That, or a new scrabble game all together!

xo
SC

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a book that would transport me from reality since May and I finally found one!

    So good on you that you've been on a reading roll. I'm jealous.

    Reality is overrated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...