Monday 23 July 2007

Serenity on Monday is impossible

To say that I am overwhelmed right now would be an understatement. I had already planned on making one big purchase in the month of August, only to receive a letter from school asking me to make two more. In August, I am expected to buy a Laptop, Digital SLR Camera and a 30GB Video Ipod. Ugh! Who would have thought that my first year in College would be more expensive in terms of material than my first two years in University!
In terms of the Laptop, I had my heart set on getting a MacBook. Now, people are telling me that a Dell is also good, and more affordable. I wish I knew more about computers so that I could be more confident about a purchase.
In the meanwhile, I am getting pangs of nervousness about whether or not I have made the right decision to go back to school. What if I suck and screw up? What if I am the worst student in the class? I need to maintain a part time job while in school. I don't have one lined up for September as yet, so what happens if I don't get one? When I go to bed at night I can feel my heart racing at a mile a minute. It's really dumb I know, but I can't help it. The only consolation to this will be when and if I succeed once this program is done.
Yesterday, I was so desperate for some sort of positive change, that I rearranged all the furniture in my room. It's nice to have my feet facing the door. Isn't that one of the rules of Feng Shui? To have your feet face the door? I remember reading about it somewhere, it's supposed to allow the Chi in the room to flow better. It didn't help last night though!
Finally, I don't like being home on weekdays because of Telemarketers! I know there are a lot of people out there who rely on this kind of job to maintain a living... however, I also believe that if I am at home, I don't plan on purchasing something. If I want something, I will go to the store and buy it. If I don't want to go out, I will go online. If that doesn't work, I will call that toll free number that you publicize so much!
Is it friday yet?

-SC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...