Monday 20 July 2009

Good Morning, Sunshine!

I had to wake up at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning.

On so many levels I was upset because I've spent the greater part of my life thinking weekends are designated for sleeping in.

But being awake before the sunshine and inhaling the freshest air that Toronto can muster during a mid-July (avec garbage strike) summer was a royal treat.

It made me wish I was a morning person.
Can people become morning... people? Or is it a genetic thing? I'm asking because I tried waking up early on Sunday and the closest I came was 9:45 a.m.

It's weird because I am more miserable waking up after I've slept in. I'll open my eyes and be sad that half the day is gone, and am actually more tired.

On Saturday I accomplished so much more work, simply because I realized I had so many more hours in the day to get things done.

Silly stuff, I know.

But enlightening for me!

Goal for this weekend: Wake up and enjoy fresh air and a cup of Jo before 9 a.m.

xo
SC

1 comment:

  1. you saw it from my point of view. I love getting up early to have a few extra hours in the day! Also, on weekends if you get up a little early, it's a bit more peaceful, and you can use that time to breathe a little before the city wakes up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...