Wednesday 11 August 2010

Quarter Century

At Busan Tower, South Korea - August, 2010

While talking to my friend J (from [key]Stroke my Ego) the other night, I asked him how it felt turning 25. Simply put, he likened it to doing laundry. Here's a snippet of that conversation:

The reason why it was like doing laundry for me is this: the lead up to it, I hated. Just like before I do laundry, all the separating and being surrounded by dirty clothes. But when I got to the age and lived it, it gave me a sense of accomplishment. It's like that feeling when the laundry is done and everything is all folded neatly and put away and its smells so good. It gave me a better idea of what type of adulthood I am headed towards and it's given me the opportunity to decide whether that is the right path or whether i want to change it.

I liked this theory. And though the path so far has been unpredictable and, at times, chaotic, I've enjoyed the journey to this point. I'm looking forward.

xo
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...