Sunday 21 June 2009

A New Feeling

The first of the goodbyes began tonight.

I say the first, because they are... for me anyway. This is the first time in my life that I find myself on the other end of a goodbye. I'm usually the one staying put, watching others take off for jobs, adventures or vacations. Tonight, on the subway ride back home, it dawned on me that I'm the one leaving this time around.

I'm rather freaked out.

It's a new feeling and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I felt sad, but not in a bad way. I know that I'll always talk to the two people I was saying goodbye to. One lives in the North West Territories and was in town on a mini-break, and the other just accepted a job offer in Alberta. By the time they get back to the city for another visit, I won't be here.

This is all very new territory.

I have to develop coping strategies for this one, otherwise it won't be pretty come August.

xo
SC

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...