Monday 28 June 2010

Missed me?

... Because I've missed you!

Before anything else, here's what my horoscope had to say today:
It's scary when you open your heart, especially if others cannot match your fiery intensity. You may overcompensate by demonstrating your ability to be emotionally detached now instead of admitting how much you care. But rather than keeping score, remember that every person expresses love differently. Your fears will dissipate when you graciously accept what is currently being offered without further judgment or comparison.
Freaky as heck! Not going into details about this one.

So, with the World Cup starting to dwindle down, I'm finally turning my attention back to my writing. Living in Korea, the games are usually broadcasted right after work, so the times I'd spend writing were loaned out to supporting the Korean Red Devils. Since they lost to Uruguay in the round of 16, I can now throw my support behind my beloved Argentina without feeling the wrath of my students and the ajummas/ahjoshshis around me.

I also spent the past few days on Twitter, following the issues that arose from the G20 summit being held in Toronto. Wow... talk about wrecking a city within a matter of hours! And for what, exactly? I have so much to say on this, but the main idea that comes to mind is as follows:

The people who destroyed the city and ruined properties without any just cause, or simply because they could, are lucky that they were in Canada. I don't see this as being acceptable anywhere else in the world. Perhaps there were times when the Toronto riot police could have handled themselves differently, but for what it's worth, the vandals/hooligans who brought global shame to our city deserved everything they got... and some might argue that they were let off too easy as well.

Lastly, I've been looking for jobs. I will be back in Toronto in under two months, and I dread lounging around the house while looking for a job. I am keeping my eyes open and starting to apply in hopes that I may have something lined up within a couple of months at least. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! I'm sure none of you want to read a mopey writer's thoughts!

I think that's the jist of it for now. Oh!! I forgot to tell you, I'm going rafting/bungee jumping this Saturday! I can't wait! I've been craving an adrenaline rush for quite some time now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. Photos will be up soon after.

xo
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...