Sunday 7 September 2008

Dear Readers

I've really been struggling with my writing for the past few weeks. I've already spoken about wanting to feel inspired... but that's not the issue this time around.

I guess I've been wondering (on my own accord) about whether or not StraightFromTheCurls is self-indulgent. I wonder if perhaps writing about my life and the thoughts that stem from it is almost... perhaps, narcissistic? I don't want it to be. My goal with this blog was simple: to have a corner of the WWW where I'd be able to just vent. I don't usually vent a lot to the people in my life... so this would be a way for me to get things off my chest, without the pressures of picking someone to confide in.

Anyway, over the course of the past year or so, StraighFromTheCurls turned into a weekly/monthly musings blog. Events and happenings in my life would lead to random rants and thoughts that you, my readers actually paid attention to... and some would even leave comments. I loved how that happened. And I guess I want it to continue. But by no means do I want it to be a selfish thing. If you're reading StraightFromTheCurls, I hope you're reading it because you want to and because you're interested in my thoughts (whether for amusement or insight... I'll leave that up to you).

With that said, I'll continue on.

xo
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...