Friday 19 September 2008

Affirming some things

I'm on another lyrical kick. This tends to happen from time to time. Again, I credit this post to YouTube and its ability to constantly distract me while I'm at work. The other day I managed to visit my 14-year-old self... and I reconnected with these lyrics by Savage Garden. My goal through this is to be inspired to develop my own affirmation code. I want to know what I believe in... Look for an update in a future post.

Oh, one more thing- to my dear readers who are laughing right now... just remember, I know who you are :o)

Luv ya!

xo
SC

Affirmation

I believe
-the sun should never set upon an argument
-we place our happiness in other people's hands
-that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
-your parents did the best job they knew how to do
-that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
-I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe
-in Karma what you give is what you get returned
-you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
-the grass is no more greener on the other side
-you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe
-you can't control or choose your sexuality
-that trust is more important than monogamy
-your most attractive features are your heart and soul
-that family is worth more than money or gold
-the struggle for financial freedom is unfair
-the only ones who disagree are millionaires

I believe
-forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness
-that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed
-that God does not endorse tv evangelists
-in love surviving death into eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...