Thursday 19 June 2008

Serendipity or a Cruel Joke?

A fortunate accident...

... Do any of you believe in it?

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason, in specific times and places in our lives? Or is it a result of something we've created on our own - situations and circumstances that we consciously place ourselves in?

Or do you think these incidents come as a result of something we have no control or power over? That they just sort of... happen - and in the aftermath, we are left changed, thinking about what transpired?

My mum told me to pray for love the other day... and cynical me told her that if that actually worked, then there would be no divorces and that everyone in the world would be with the person they were meant to be with, because EVERYONE prays for love.

Sooo... I guess I'm a bit jaded...
xo
SC

1 comment:

  1. 1) I think jaded is good, to a point. It will help you not be taken advantage of and hopefully recognize real emotions when they happen. If you weren't a bit jaded you would be flopping around like a fish out of water, soooooo jaded is okay. I hope.

    2)Fortunate accident... Hmmmm... I believe that things happen and whether it's fate, serendipity or coincidence it all comes down to our choice. If an opportunity is presented and we do nothing on it, or do the wrong thing, there's nothing much fate can do. Except keep on presenting that situation again, again and again. So if certain things keep on occuring, maybe you should pay attention.

    That's all I got for now.:) Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...