Friday 8 February 2013

Friday evenings are meant for...

Friday evening. It's one of my favourite times during the week. When the day begins to close, I get a sense of satisfaction from having finished another set of work days. I always take a moment to sit down and quickly reflect on all that was accomplished, and make a mental note of all that needs to be done. But not till Monday. On Friday evenings I look forward to two days of just being. I look forward to no forced commitments (for the most part) and I enjoy a few moments of quiet when I can simply just be.

I think we forget to do that more often than not. Unwind. When was the last time you did something just for yourself? I think it's important to reconnect with yourself from time to time. Whether you simply take yourself out for a coffee date, go for a long drive or spend a few moments just paying attention to where you are in time and space... it makes a big difference to your overall being.

Image courtesy of Pinterest.com

My favourite things today include:
Songza (and how the app knows just which song I need to hear).
. Woollen socks on cold days.
. My desktop background: A photo of waves hitting the shore. The perfect solution to getting through Snowpocalypse 2013.
. A fantastic and talented graphics designer who has been working with me on a special project.
. Spring flower bouquets on dull, dark days.
. Receiving texts from my mother.
. Remembering one of my favourite quotes from Mansfield Park: "There are as many kinds of love as there are moments in time." - Edmond
. These boots.
. Knowing I'm going home to a warm bed tonight.
. The fact that two weeks from today, I'll be here.

Now it's your turn to fill in the blank. "Friday evenings are meant for _______________."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...