Thursday 25 March 2010

Where in the world?

I decided to take a page from my friend B's blog, and answer her Question of the Day:

"Where would you choose to live if you had to leave your country?"

It's something I spend a lot of time thinking about, actually. Although I am currently removed from my actual 'home' - Toronto - I can't help but think about other places on this planet where I'd love to take up residence.

Leaving India for Canada was a leap for my family. But leaving Toronto for Seoul was a huge step for me.

I have to admit that Seoul was never top on my list of places to live in. I knew a lot of people who had moved to Korea for work and school, but the idea of coming here never really struck a fancy with me. But, somehow, life dealt my cards and now here I am... living and reveling in all the experiences this chaotic and cultural city throws my way. It's definitely been one fabulous chapter in my life, I must admit.

But, I always imagined that I'd someday move to the English countryside.

A quaint English cottage set in a small hamlet in the UK.

Yes, my love-affair with BBC's Pride and Prejudice might have something to do with it... but I've continuously been drawn to the images of lush, green meadows and acres of land you see in travel magazines and online. The idea of a quaint, brick cottage, nestled in a simple garden with an iron fence, sends warm-cozies through my body. Who wouldn't want to live some place that's described as 'charming'? There's something absolutely heartwarming about living in a country that's so rich with history and old-world ambiance.

And as B said in her blog, so long as I'd have the means of transportation to get me to and from my quaint escape, I'd be happy as a clam!

How about you, lovely readers? Where in the world would you move, if given the chance?

xo
SC

Image courtesy of Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...