Sunday 26 April 2009

On rainy days and change

I enjoyed the rain today. 

I mean really enjoyed it! Something about the smell of fresh earth mixing in the wind sends me into this trance. It's hard to describe. All I can say is that it relaxes me in ways that I never expected.

Today, as I sat out on my patio and let the droplets of rain hit my skin while I enjoyed the 28 degrees spring weather, I couldn't help but take in a deep breath and feel myself being filled with optimism. 

This is the best kind of rain -- the kind that lets you know a change is near. 

The rain from today will trigger the trees and plants that have been sleeping through the winter. Something in those droplets will remind the earth that it's time to wake up and become vibrant again. In a matter of weeks, the browns, greys and blacks will turn to lush shades of greens, with speckles of bright colours. 

And it carries forward... Somehow the earth waking up will translate to the people who see this and they too may find their moods changing.

Or maybe not. Perhaps I shouldn't speak for others. 

But I know it works for me. 

I smelled the fresh earth for the first time in months today, and I found myself looking forward. 

And I kind of liked it! 

xo
SC

As in recent posts, a song  - Here's Gene Kelly singing a song from one of my favourite movies.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...