Friday 24 July 2009

Fresh Friday

Today marks the end of a really long week. Aside from it being a busy time at work, it's been extended by the fact that I haven't been able to sleep longer than four hours for the past few nights. Not quite sure why this is the case. I'm thankful it's Friday.

I spent some time this morning scanning through images for a little weekend inspiration. It's supposed to be wet and muggy (weather-wise) until Monday, but I figured there's other ways to bring colour into our lives without depending so much on the summer sunshine. Here's what I came up with.

Book & Patio Love:One of my favourite things to do in rainy weather (more than in sunshine, surprisingly) is to grab a warm beverage and a good book, and park myself on a lounge chair on my balcony. The soothing sounds of the rain pitter-pattering on the concrete floor, while the natural sounds coming from the ravine next door do much to soothe my soul. Weekend rain in daylight gives me a chance to be quiet. And if I close my eyes and take a deep breath, I can momentarily transport myself away from the city lights and sounds to a quieter seaside... my place of comfort.

Fresh Cut Flowers:
Flowers are a cheap and easy way to bring some colour into your life. We're always giving other people flowers for occasions, but I think it's nice to treat yourself once in a while with your favourite blooms. You're special too and you deserve a treat! Tulips, carnations and seasonal flowers are plentiful and economical. Pick a few in your favourite shades and place them around your house. I guarantee your mood will be lifted as you walk by and catch the bursts of colour.

Music Therapy:
Find music that makes you the happiest and crank it up. Don't have a set playlist and aren't a fan of the FM mixes? Check out the radio section on your iTunes. You'll find a variety of lists from genres spanning the entire globe. I like to sail away to smooth Brazilian jazz and African rhythms. Chores around the house seem more fun when I'm bopping to Puerto Rican reggaeton! Yes, I'm a child of the globe and you can be too! It's a ton of fun.

So with that, I hope you all go on and enjoy your weekend, whether you stay in or venture out.

xo
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...