Monday, 21 July 2008

Broken Hearts have no Spare Parts...

This post was originally written last year... but I felt like resurrecting it because of new readers.
Please, check it out!

xo
SC


I am suggesting that people go to this site and read some of the messages for 2 reasons:

1. It shows the range of love that is felt throughout the world. There are 14 year olds writing messages to their lost loves, the ones whom they can never be with, the ones who they have known for 24 hours, or the ones who they think they are going to marry. Similarly, there's 70 year olds, who are writing messges of love that have spanned decades and lifetimes. I got this gooey feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read some of these messages. Though I try to hide it, my romantic bone still exists, and it's findings like these that make "jaded me" take a vacation.. if only for a little while.
It shows that though the world seems like it's going to hell in a hand basket, there's still tons of love out there to give and take. Different degrees of love, no doubt... but we can't deny that it exists.

2. I noticed that even while writing supposed messages of love to significant others, people refuse to take the time to complete full words or sentences. If I were to receive a love letter, you can be assured that if the person wrote "ur" instead of "you are" or "N" instead of "and", I wouldn't be moved. A letter, let alone a LOVE letter, is something precious and words have the power to move people ... but only in complete form.
That is why MSN needs emoticons to support TechSpeak.

Go to the site, leave them a message or tell me what you think about it.
-SC

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...